We know what you’re thinking… peanut butter cauliflower tacos? What a crazy combination! But go with it for a second.
These tacos are so easy to make and they’ve got tons of flavour, and what’s more they’re packed with loads of nutrients.
Whether you’re having a night in and tempted by a takeaway or you’ve got pals coming over for a catch-up, these tacos will not disappoint.
Salty, zingy, spicy. What’s not to like?
Don’t forget, if you love this, then you’ll totally love our debut 5-ingredient cookbook So Vegan in 5, which is available to buy right now.
Roxy & Ben
Peanut Butter Cauliflower Tacos 🌮
Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 18 April 2019
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves
- thumb of ginger
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 red pepper
- 100g / 3.5oz red cabbage
- 8 small tortillas
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
To serve (optional):
- chilli sauce
- green chilli
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F fan-assisted.
- Use your hands to break the cauliflower into small florets and use a knife to cut the florets down further into bite-sized pieces if they are too big. Add the florets to a large mixing bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, 1 tbsp of lime juice and 1 tbsp water together in a small mixing bowl until smooth and runny (add more water if the sauce is too thick). Pour half of the peanut sauce over the cauliflower florets, reserving the other half of the sauce for later. Peel and dice the garlic and ginger, then add it in with the cauliflower along with a pinch of salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir the cauliflower until fully coated in the sauce, then transfer it to a baking tray. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile finely chop the coriander and thinly slice the red pepper and red cabbage, then add to a mixing bowl along with a pinch of salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lime juice. Stir until combined.
- Heat the tortilla for a few minutes either in a frying pan or in the oven. Then finely slice the green chilli and roughly chop the peanuts.
- To build the tacos add a few florets of cauliflower in the middle of each tortilla, followed by a handful of the red pepper mixture. Then drizzle with some of the remaining peanut sauce, chilli sauce, and top with a few slices of green chilli and crushed peanuts. Mouthwatering!