- Make sure you store these in an air-tight container in the fridge and they’ll keep well for up to 3-5 days.
- These are a great snack for on-the-go.
- You can sub the walnuts and pecans for any other nuts you’ve got lying around.
Carrot Cake Energy Balls 🥕
Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 23 April 2019
- 50g / 1.7oz walnuts
- 50g / 1.7oz pecans
- 85g / 3oz raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 60g / 2.1oz carrot
- 1/4 medium unwaxed orange
- handful desiccated coconut
- Add the walnuts, pecans, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt to a food processor, and process until mostly broken down.
- Finely grate the carrot and add it to the food processor along with the zest from the 1/4 orange, then pulse the mixture a few times until all the ingredients have combined. Avoid over pulsing the ingredients because it will turn into a mulch!
- Remove the blade from the food processor, take an 1/8th of the mixture into your hand and roll it into a ball. Repeat until you have 8 balls.
- Transfer the desiccated coconut to a small plate and roll the balls in the coconut until fully coated.
- Place the energy balls in an air-tight container, leave them to sit in the fridge for an hour, then either serve immediately or store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!