Makes 6 bites.
For the base…
1 cup pecan nuts
1 tsp agave syrup
For the caramel…
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 tsp almond butter
For the toppings…
1 cup coconut milk (cream only)
You will also need baking paper.
1. Place tin of coconut milk in freezer for an hour (or in the fridge overnight) to set the cream.
2. Cut baking paper into six strips 15 cm long and 1cm wide. Place one strip into each muffin mould. Tip: ensure the middle of each strip is in the middle of the mould.
3. Combine the base ingredients in a food processor until crumbly and spoon 2 tsp into each muffin mould on top of the paper strip.
4. Place ingredients for caramel in blender and blitz until smooth. Scrape the caramel from the sides of the blender and continue to blend if necessary.
5. Distribute the caramel evenly into each muffin mould on top of the base. Freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Mash one banana and layer on top of caramel. Freeze for a further 30 minutes.
7. Open tin of coconut milk and spoon out only the thick cream that has accumulated at the top. Transfer the cream to a bowl and whisk until the coconut cream is smooth. You may need to start with a spoon and then progress to a whisk once the cream has broken down.
8. Distribute the cream evenly into each mould and freeze again for a further 30 minutes.
9. Chop the second banana and place couple of slices on each bite.
10. Finish with a grating of dark chocolate.
11. Serve immediately or freeze further. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.