These fritters are the perfect boost during the cold winter months! They’re packed with Vitamin C and only take four simple steps, so they’re super simple and really easy to make at home.
Thai food is one of our favourite cuisines, so we took some traditional ingredients from the region to make this recipe, such as red chilli, spring onions, garlic and coriander, which give the fritters a huge burst of fresh flavour. We like to serve our fritters with a drizzle of lime juice and sweet chilli sauce.
Makes 7 – 8 fritters.
1/2 head of broccoli
1 cup frozen sweetcorn
1/2 red pepper deseeded
3 spring onions
1 red chilli deseeded
1 garlic clove
Handful of coriander
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp paprika
Pinch of salt & pepper
Fresh lime juice and sweet chilli sauce for serving
1. Prepare the veg by cutting the stems off the broccoli so you are left with just the florets. Then roughly chop the spring onion, peppers and red chilli.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor for 20-30 seconds until the mixture reaches a rough consistency. Make sure you don’t process the ingredients for too long, otherwise the mixture will be too runny.
3. Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into a fritter slightly smaller than the size of your palm.
4. Drizzle a little oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
5. Once the saucepan is hot, fry the fritters for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. Serve with a drizzle of lime juice and sweet chilli sauce.
Roxy and Ben, aka So Vegan.