These oat and chia pancakes are life right now.
We’ve had these on regular rotation for the past few weeks.
Usually we reserve pancakes for the weekend when we have a little more time, but this is really quick and easy version that can be whipped up any day of the week.
We combine the pancake batter in a blender to quick things super quick. We also use oats, which are full of fibre and protein, and bananas for natural sweetness.
Be warned though, it’s likely you’ll want to devour all the pancakes by yourself!
Don’t forget, if you love simple and tasty vegan food, then you’ll totally love our debut 5-ingredient cookbook So Vegan in 5, which is available to buy right now.
Roxy & Ben
Oat & Chia PancakesRoxy, So Vegan These oat and chia pancakes are life right now. We’ve had these on regular rotation for the past few weeks. Usually we… Print This
For the pancakes:
- 120g / 4.2oz quick cook oats
- 1 banana
- 280ml / 9.8 fl.oz coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (we use ground, but normal is fine)
- oil for frying
- fresh raspberries
- maple syrup
- Add all the pancake ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle a little oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and wait for the pan to heat up. Note: the key to good pancakes is ensuring the pan is hot enough so that the pancakes cook through, but not too hot so that the pancakes burn.
- Spoon 1 and a half tablespoons of pancake mixture into the pan to create each pancake and use the edge of a spoon to ease the mixture into a circle shape. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- To serve, top the pancakes with slices of banana, a few raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.