Our yummy pancakes made with healthy ingredients such as chia seeds, bananas and oats, and topped with fresh fruit.
- Make sure you use gluten-free oats if you want to make this recipe gluten-free.
- As a meal prep option, simply store the pancakes in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- You can use any plant-based milk you like. We often use coconut milk from a carton which gives the pancakes a lovely coconut-y flavour.
These healthy and delicious Oat & Chia Pancakes are giving us life right now 🥞
Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 15 May 2019
For the pancakes:
- 120g / 4.2oz oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 280ml / 9.8 fl.oz plant-based milk, see notes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (we use ground, but normal is fine)
- oil for frying
To serve (optional):
- fresh strawberries
- maple syrup
- vegan yoghurt
- Add all the pancake ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle a little oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and wait for the pan to heat up. Note: the key to good pancakes is ensuring the pan is hot enough so that the pancakes cook through, but not too hot so that the pancakes burn.
- Spoon 1 and a half tablespoons of pancake mixture into the pan to create each pancake and use the edge of a spoon to ease the mixture into a circle shape. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- To serve, top the pancakes with slices of banana, a few raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.