This recipe makes two large crunchwraps, which we cut in half to serve four people. But if we’re feeling peckish we’ll happily devour an entire crunchwrap each!
- You can skip making the cashew sour cream and use some vegan mayo or yoghurt instead.
- You make this recipe your own by adding any salad veggies you’ve got lying around in the fridge.
For the bean mixture:
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400g / 14oz tinned black beans
- 160g / 5.6oz cherry tomatoes
- 50g / 1.7oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 50g / 1.7oz walnuts
- 80g / 2.8oz tinned sweetcorn
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
For the salad:
- 6 lettuce leaves
- handful of red cabbage
- large handful of coriander
- 1 spring onion
- 1 lime
- salt & pepper
You'll also need:
- 100g vegan cheese
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 4 small flour tortillas
- chilli sauce
- 1 avocado
For the sour cream (optional):
- 80g / 2.8oz cashews
- 1/2 lime
- salt & pepper
- If you’re making the sour cream from scratch, transfer the cashews to a small bowl and cover with hot water straight from the kettle. Leave to one side to soften while you carry out the next steps.
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat and drizzle a little olive oil in the pan. While the pan heats up, peel and dice the garlic cloves, then add to the frying pan and fry for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse the black beans, quarter the cherry tomatoes, roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts, and add everything to the frying pan along with the tinned sweetcorn, cumin, paprika, chilli powder and a 1/4 cup of water. Stir to combine, then leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt to perfection.
- To prepare the salad, roughly chop the lettuce leaves, red cabbage, coriander and spring onion, and add to a mixing bowl along with the juice from the lime and pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- To make the sour cream, drain the cashews and add them to a blender along with juice of 1/2 a lime, pinches of salt and pepper and a 1/4 cup of water. Blend until smooth.
- Next grate the cheese and slice the avocado. Then check that the small tortilla is small enough so the large tortilla can be wrapped around it. We tend to trim the small tortillas around a side plate so that they are approx. 17cm (6.5 inches) in diameter. Then toast 2 of the small tortillas on both sides in a pan until crispy (this is the "crunch").
- Place a large tortilla on the worktop and sprinkle grated cheese in the middle, then spoon half of the black bean mixture on top and finish with a small tortilla. Pour some chilli sauce and sour cream on top of the small tortilla, then add half of the salad mixture followed by half of the avocado. Finally finish with a small tortilla. Use your hands to push down on the crunchwrap a little to compress the ingredients, then fold in the edges of the large tortilla. Repeat for the second crunchwrap.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium - high heat. Once hot, gently pick up the crunchwrap supreme, making sure the folded edges are kept tightly closed, then place it in the frying pan folded edges side down. Fry on each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the crunchwrap from the pan and slice in half. Repeat for the second crunchwrap then serve with your favourite sauce.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!