Is there anything more ‘summer’ than a deliciously light and colourful Greek salad?
Traditionally made using feta cheese, we use a simple marinade to bring our ‘tofu feta’ to life in this vegan version.
As always, the longer you marinade the tofu, the better it’ll taste.
If we have time, we’ll leave the tofu overnight in the fridge. But worst case scenario we’ll give it at least 2 hours for the flavours to mingle.
We also throw in some sliced celery for that extra crunch, nutrition and colour. It’s not exactly traditional but it totally works.
And don’t forget, if you love this, then you’ll totally love our debut 5-ingredient cookbook So Vegan in 5, which is available to buy right now.
Roxy & Ben
Did someone say…tofeta? Here’s our new recipe for Greek Salad 🥗
Looking for tasty vegan recipes? Check out our cookbook So Vegan In 5: sovegan.co/cookbook
Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Vegan Greek SaladBen, So Vegan Is there anything more ‘summer’ than a deliciously light and colourful Greek salad? Traditionally made using feta cheese, we use a simple… Print This
For the tofu feta:
- 300g / 10.5oz firm tofu
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the salad:
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 100g / 3.5oz kalamata olives
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Remove the tofu from it’s packaging and place it on a plate between a couple of paper towels. Top with a heavy book or mug and leave to press for as a long as possible, ideally one hour. When it’s ready, slice the tofu into sugar-cube-size pieces then leave to one side.
- Combine the remaining tofu feta ingredients, along with 1 tbsp water, in a large plate with raised sides. Transfer the pieces of tofu to the plate and use your hands to mix everything together. Then cover and leave in the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to start building the salad, start by dicing the cucumber and slicing the tomatoes into eighths. Transfer both to a large salad bowl. Peel and thinly slice the onion, slice the olives in half and roughly chop the celery. Transfer to the bowl. Next add the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and transfer the tofu feta to the bowl (we usually crumble a few pieces in our fingers) along with all the marinade juices. Give everything a good stir and season to taste. We tend to add an extra pinch of salt, pepper and dried oregano. Enjoy!