We love how the freshness in this dish!
The creamy tang of feta perfectly complements the earthy richness of the beets in this delicious meal, which can be served up as a simple dinner or an impressive side at barbecues and parties.
- Vegan feta is now available in most large supermarkets. If you can’t find it, you could try more specialist vegan and plant-based stores.
- We like to drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil in the whipped feta but olive oil will do, too
- We use a soy-based yoghurt but you can also use an oat-based yoghurt
- 450g (15.9oz) beetroot, peeled + sliced into wedges
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 250g (8.8oz) radishes
- 30g (1.1oz) pine nuts
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 200g (7.1oz) fine green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 handful of fresh herbs, roughly chopped (we use mint and parsley)
For the whipped feta:
- 200g (7.1oz) vegan feta
- 200g (7.1oz) plant-based yoghurt, see notes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan / 400°F.
- Add the beetroot wedges to a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss then roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the whipped vegan feta add the vegan feta, plant-based yoghurt, garlic, oregano, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once the beetroot has finished cooking, add the radishes and pine nuts to the baking tray. Drizzle a little more oil over everything and sprinkle with the cumin seeds. Roast everything together for another 5-8 minutes until the pine nuts are golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, add the green beans and blanch for 5 minutes until soft. Then drain.
- To serve, spread the whipped feta on a serving plate, and top with the roasted beetroot, radishes, pine nuts and the blanched green beans.
- Finally finish with a sprinkling of fresh herbs and a drizzle of oil.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!
All looks great !