- The veggies really don’t need very long in the pan. Just make sure you keep the wok nice and hot so the veggies cook quickly.
- Make sure you use tamari instead of soy-sauce to make this recipe gluten-free.
- rice for 2 people
- 0.5 thumb of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 x 400g of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 200g broccoli, trimmed into florets
- 100g mange tout
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin sticks
- wedges of lime
- handful of fresh coriander
- roasted peanuts, chopped
- First cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to make the peanut sauce add the ginger and garlic to a blender along with the peanut butter, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, sriracha and 150ml (5.2 fl.oz) of water. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a wok or frying pan on a medium-high heat. Then add the chickpeas to the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown. Then add the broccoli to the frying pan and fry for 3 minutes.
- Next add the mange tout, carrot, yellow pepper and peanut sauce from earlier to the frying pan. Fry for 3 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure the veggies cook evenly.
- To serve, divide the cooked rice between two serving dishes. Then spoon half the peanut butter stir fry into each dish. Serve with a wedge of lime, a small handful of coriander leaves and chopped roasted peanuts. Yum!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!