Ginger and broccoli. Who would have thought these two ingredients would combine to create an awesome winter-warming soup?
We were a little unsure at first, but we’ve totally fallen for this delicious spicy broccoli soup. The chilli brings a lovely kick, which makes it all the more worthwhile!
When it’s cold outside, there’s literally nothing better than snuggling up with a warm, wholesome soup and watching the world pass by outside.
This soup is packed with nutrients, from fibre and potassium to vitamin C, and it’s the perfect remedy to fight of the winter cold.
Ready in under 30 minutes and using only 5 ingredients. No fuss!
And if you’re a big fan of 5-ingredient recipes like this one, then you’ll love our debut cookbook So Vegan in 5, which includes over 100 super simple 5-ingredient recipes.
It’s available to pre-order right now on Amazon.
Roxy & Ben
5-Ingredient Spicy Broccoli Soup
Full recipe: sovegan.co/brocsoup
Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 6 December 2018
5-Ingredient Spicy Broccoli SoupRoxy, So Vegan Ginger and broccoli. Who would have thought these two ingredients would combine to create an awesome winter-warming soup? We were a little… Print This
The 5 ingredients:
- 400g (14oz) potato
- 300g (10.5oz) broccoli
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock
- ½ tsp chilli flakes, plus extra for garnish
- large thumb of ginger
The cupboard essentials:
- extra virgin olive oil
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. While the saucepan heats up, rinse the potato then cut it into 3cm (1 inch) size chunks. Then break up the broccoli into florets. Add the potato chunks and broccoli florets to the saucepan and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetable stock. Then peel the ginger and roughly chop it into small pieces.
- Add the vegetable stock, chilli flakes, and ginger to the saucepan and bring the soup to the boil, then simmer with the lid on for 10-15 minutes or until all the veggies are soft.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until totally smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and blend again to combine.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of chilli flakes.