It’s that time of the year again.
Get ready to eat your entire weight in fluffy, sweet and indulgent pancakes.
Pancake Day is an important annual celebration in our house and this year we wanted to do something extra special.
This Biscoff Pancakes recipe is such a treat and it’ll easily wow your friends and family.
Or just devour them yourself. We won’t judge!
Can you believe we had no idea Biscoff even existed before we decided to go vegan?
Now we’re practically addicted to the stuff.
If you can’t find it where you are, you can easily substitute it with a smooth peanut butter.
And don’t forget, if you love this, then you’ll totally love our debut 5-ingredient cookbook So Vegan in 5, which is available to buy right now.
Biscoff Pancakes just in time for Pancake Day 🥞
Full recipe: sovegan.co/biscoff
Posted by So Vegan on Monday, 4 March 2019
Biscoff PancakesBen, So Vegan It’s that time of the year again. Get ready to eat your entire weight in fluffy, sweet and indulgent pancakes. Pancake Day… Print This
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Biscoff spread
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted, plus extra for frying
- 180ml or 3/4 cup soya milk
- 100g or 3.5oz self-raising flour
To serve (optional):
- dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp Biscoff spread
- 1 tbsp soya milk
- dairy-free chocolate sauce
- 2 Biscoff biscuits
- Add the flesh of the banana to a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork until runny and smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, Biscoff spread, coconut oil and soya milk, and whisk until fully combined. Then stir in the flour until no large lumps remain.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat. Once hot, add 2 tbsp of the pancake mix and use a metal spoon to ease the mix into a round pancake shape. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until you can see lots of air bubbles in the batter. Then transfer the pancakes to a serving plate and repeat this step until all of the batter has been used up. Note: reduce the heat if the pancakes start to burn.
- To prepare the Biscoff sauce, combine 1 tbsp of Biscoff spread with 1 tbsp of soya milk until smooth and runny.
- Top the pancakes with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream, followed by a generous drizzle of chocolate sauce, Biscoff sauce and finally some crushed Biscoff biscuits. Absolute indulgence!