Makes 10-12 bars.
1 400ml can coconut milk (cream only)
1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
2 tbsp golden syrup
Pinch of salt
300g dark chocolate (suitable for vegans)
1. Place can of coconut milk in fridge until chilled to set the cream.
2. When ready to use, spoon out the cream from the top leaving the coconut water in the can. Then combine desiccated coconut, golden syrup, coconut cream, and pinch of salt in food processor.
3. Shape into rectangles and place on tray. Freeze for an hour to set.
4. Pour hot water into saucepan and sit heatproof bowl on top making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Melt chocolate in bowl, stirring occasionally.
5. Use a fork and a spoon to guide the bars coating them in melted chocolate. Place on rack to solidify.
6. Sprinkle with more desiccated coconut and munch!