Crispy and lightly-spiced potatoes with fried shallots and fresh herbs. Serve alongside your favourite breakfast foods for a seriously delicious start to the day.
- You can use any type of white potato. We usually for Maris Piper (try Yukon Gold if you’re in the US), which are high in starch and therefore have a creamier texture.
- Combining olive oil and vegan butter adds more richness to the potatoes, but if you prefer you can just use one or the other.
- If you can’t find shallots you can also use sliced onion.
- 2 large potatoes, diced into cubes
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, or vegan margarine
- 1 shallot, peeled + sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled + sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves roughly chopped
- salt + pepper
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Add the potatoes to a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, tip them out onto a plate and leave them to cool fully.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, drizzle a generous amount of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Then add the vegan butter and fry for 2 minutes until melted.
- Tip the potatoes into the frying pan and fry for 15 minutes or until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently.
- Next add the shallot, garlic, paprika, rosemary and generous pinches of salt and pepper to the frying pan. Fry for 2 minutes or until the shallots are crispy.
- Finish with a sprinkling of salt and parsley leaves.