- Opt for a soy-free mayo to make this recipe soy-free.
- We make our own taco seasoning mix using everyday spices. But you can speed things up even more using a pre-made mix from the supermarket.
- We usually use tinned pineapple to keep things easy, unless of course we have a spare pineapple lying around!
- The charred sweetcorn is optional, but it does bring a wonderful roasted flavour to the bowl.
- Likewise you can experiment with different veggies and grains. Sometimes we use bulgur wheat for a simple twist.
- The ranch dressing recipe is super simple and you can store any leftovers in the fridge (in an air-tight container) for up to 5 days.
Cauliflower Taco Bowl
Cauliflower Taco Bowl 😲 Did you know we have a cookbook? 👉 sovegan.co/cookbookPosted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 10 September 2019
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 red pepper
- drizzle of vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
For the salsa:
- 100g / 3.5oz tinned pineapple
- 1/2 red onion
- 150g / 5.3oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 green chilli
- 1 lime
- 2/3 cup basmati rice (we use a basmati wild rice mix)
- 400g / 14oz tinned black beans
- 200g / 7oz tinned sweetcorn
- handful coriander
- handful lettuce leaves
- lime wedges
For the taco seasoning if making from scratch:
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp onion granules
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
Ranch dressing (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 tbsp oat milk
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pinches of salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp dried mixed herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F fan-assisted.
- Slice the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and cut the pepper into thin strips, removing the seeds as you go. Transfer both to a baking tray and drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. If you’re making the taco seasoning from scratch, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, then sprinkle the seasoning all over the veggies and combine with your hands. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- To prepare the salsa, dice the pineapple, red onion, cherry tomatoes and green chilli, and transfer to a mixing bowl. Squeeze in the juice of the lime and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then set to one side for later.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Drain the sweetcorn and add to the frying pan. Fry for 5-10 minutes until charred, stirring occasionally.
- Once the rice is ready, drain and rinse the black beans and add them to the rice along with a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Prepare the toppings by picking the leaves off the coriander, slice the lettuce and cut the lime into wedges.
- To build the cauliflower taco bowl, spoon half of the rice mixture into each bowl, followed by half the roasted red peppers, cauliflower, coriander, salsa, lettuce leaves and sweetcorn.
- Prepare the ranch dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- To finish, drizzle the ranch dressing over the cauliflower taco bowls and voila!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!