Makes 12 boats.
Olive oil for frying
1 white onion diced
1 red pepper diced
1 yellow pepper diced
2 cloves garlic diced
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 x 400g (14.1oz) tinned kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 x 400g (14.1oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
Pinch of salt
Handful of chopped coriander
Handful of crushed vegan tortilla chips
Vegan sour cream
1. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add the onion, peppers and garlic, and fry for 8 minutes or until soft.
2. Stir in the spices and fry for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and kidney beans into the frying pan, stir, then simmer for 30 minutes. Add in more water if needed.
4. Meanwhile, halve the avocados, remove the stones, then peel and discard the skin.
5. Season the chilli with salt as desired and stir in most of the coriander, leaving a few leaves for decoration.
6. Fill the inside of the avocado halves with a tablespoon or two of the chilli mixture and top with vegan sour cream, then sprinkle with coriander and crushed tortilla chips.
Vegan sour cream recipe
1/4 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of salt
1. Soak cashews in boiling water for one hour.
2. Drain cashews and place all ingredients in blender. Blitz until smooth.
Everything kept falling off the Avocado so we mashed it up and put it in tortilla shells. Delicious!!!!