- You can substitute the golden syrup with another syrup, such as maple or agave.
- These are great for meal-prep: they’ll keep for up to 5 days in the fridge inside an air-tight container and you can enjoy them for breakfast at home or on the go.
- We love the flavour of almond flavour in these bars, but you can also use any other plant-based milk such as oat or soy.
Makes 6 bars
1 banana, peeled + mashed
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup brazil nuts, roughly chopped
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp golden syrup
1/4 cup almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F fan and line a 20cm x 15cm / 8″ x 6″ rectangular tin with baking paper.
2. Combine the mashed banana, oats, raisins, pumpkin seeds, and brazil nuts in a mixing bowl.
3. Melt the coconut oil and golden syrup in a small pan on a low heat and then add to the mixing bowl with the almond milk. Combine everything together.
4. Transfer the mixture to the tin and smooth over the top with a spoon. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is slightly golden.
5. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before removing from tin and cutting into bars.