- You should be able to find Chinese-style pancakes in your local Asian supermarket.
For the 'duck' jackfruit:
- 1 x 565g / 20oz tin jackfruit in brine
- drizzle of sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
For the plum sauce:
- 3 small ripe plums
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- pinch of Chinese five spice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 8 Chinese-style pancakes
- spring onion
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F fan assisted.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Then slice off the hard cores, chop the cores thinly, then use your fingers to tear apart the remaining flesh. Transfer the pulled jackfruit to a baking tray and drizzle with sesame oil. Stir to combine, then cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jackfruit from the oven and stir in the remaining jackfruit ingredients. Cook in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile - if you're making the homemade plum sauce - roughly chop the plums, discard the stones and add the flesh to a small saucepan along with the remaining plum sauce ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes on a low-heat or until the plums are soft. Add a little water if the sauce thickens up too much and use a wooden spoon to squash the plums. Leave to cool slightly for a few minutes, then blitz in a blender until smooth. Transfer the plum sauce to a small serving bowl.
- Steam the pancakes as per the packet instructions. Then thinly slice the spring onion, cucumber and carrot.
- To serve, transfer the pulled jackfruit to a serving bowl and serve alongside the steamed pancakes, cucumber, spring onion, carrot, plum sauce and sesame seeds.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!