- We use tinned pumpkin puree, which you should be able to find in most big supermarkets. Alternatively you can create your own puree by roasting then blending pumpkin.
- This is best eaten immediately. It’s effectively a bread dough, so the longer it’s left out, the harder it will become.
Giant Pumpkin Spiced Cinnamon RollBen, So Vegan This totally epic giant pumpkin spiced cinnamon roll is very special. It's sweet, it's sticky and it's guaranteed to impress your friends and family. Print This
For the dough:
- 700g / 24.6oz strong white bread flour, plus extra
- 2 tsp fast action yeast
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- large pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp Flora plant-based spread
- 250ml / 8.4 fl.oz plant-based milk
- 1 cup tinned pumpkin puree
- oil for greasing
For the pumpkin spice:
- 4 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 140g / 5oz light brown sugar
- 150g / 5.3oz Flora plant-based spread
For the frosting:
- 120g / 4.2oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Flora plant-based spread
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tsp plant-based milk
- First make the dough by combining the flour, yeast, cinnamon and sugar with a large pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the Flora plant-based spread with the plant-based milk in a small saucepan on a low-medium heat, then pour the liquid into the large mixing bowl along with the pumpkin puree. Stir the dry and the wet ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes. Add a little more flour as you go if the dough becomes too sticky. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl (we use the large mixing bowl from earlier), cover with a damp tea towel and leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Lightly grease a 23cm cake tin and leave to one side.
- Gently punch the holes out of the dough and transfer to a well-floured work surface. Roll it out into a rectangle approx 50cm by 30cm.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to trim the top and bottom so the edges are relatively straight.
- Combine the pumpkin spice ingredients together until fully combined. Then spoon over the dough and smooth out with the back of a metal spoon.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, make 3 vertical cuts into the dough to create 4 strips. Roll the first strip of dough, then roll the second strip around it. Repeat for the remaining 2 strips of dough.
- Place the giant roll in the greased cake tin, cover with a damp towel and leave to prove for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Bake the cinnamon roll for 45 minutes or until the dough is cooked, then remove from the tin and leave for 10 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese frosting ingredients in a jug and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese frosting all over the giant pumpkin spiced cinnamon roll and there you have it! A complete party show stopper!