Serves 2 people.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the batter…
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup water
For the Korean sauce…
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
Thumb of ginger finely chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp gochujang sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
Korean Cauliflower BitesKorean Cauliflower Bites
– Full recipe http://bit.ly/29D30iW
Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, July 12, 2016
1. Wash and dry the cauliflower, then break into bite-sized florets and trim away the excess stems.
2. Combine the batter ingredients in a bowl using a whisk and dip the cauliflower florets making sure they are fully coated in the batter.
3. Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in frying pan.
4. Remove one floret from the batter at a time, gently shaking to remove any excess batter, and place in pan. Fry a few florets at a time (making sure they are not touching) and turning every couple of minutes.
5. Once lightly browned on all sides, remove from pan and place on paper towel. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all florets have been fried.
6. Heat the toasted sesame oil in a pan, then add the garlic and ginger, and fry for a minute. Add the rest of the ingredients for the Korean sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Take the sauce off the heat and toss in the cauliflower using a spoon to coat.
7. Serve the Korean Cauliflower Bites with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and chopped spring onion.