Sweet, cheesy and wonderfully festive, these easy tarts make a great lunchtime or dinner treat during the colder months.
- We use a vegan feta-style cheese, which gives our tarts a lovely tangy flavour. But you can use any vegan cheese you like.
- Simple use a gluten-free pastry and vegan cheese if you want to make these gluten-free.
- Brussels Sprouts get bad rep but here they work perfectly with the sweetness from the cranberry sauce and tanginess from the cheese.
- 1 x 320g / 11.3oz sheet of vegan puff pastry, or gluten-free pastry
- 4 tsp cranberry sauce
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 200g / 7.1oz Brussels sprouts, peeled + roughly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled + chopped
- 100g / 3.5oz vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan / 400°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry onto the baking paper. Cut into four rectangles and spread them a few cm (1”) apart.
- Spread a tsp of cranberry sauce across each rectangle, leaving a 1cm (1/3“) border.
- Next sprinkle the leek on top of each tart, followed by the Brussels sprouts, garlic, vegan cheese and sprinkle over small pinches of salt and pepper.
- Finally drizzle over a splash of olive oil, then bake for 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!