Switch things up this Christmas with our cinnamon sweet potatoes. This festive recipe is super simple and is a colourful alternative to traditional roasties.
- We leave the skins on our sweet potatoes because they add more nutrition and flavour!
- If you don’t have rosemary, try using a few sprigs of fresh thyme instead, which will pair really well with the sweet potatoes. You can also use a sprinkling of dried herbs if you don’t have any fresh herbs at hand.
- 550g (19.4oz) sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled + chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of chilli powder
- salt + pepper
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan / 425°F and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the sweet potato to the tray then sprinkle with the rosemary leaves, garlic, cinnamon, chilli powder and generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Next drizzle the sweet potatoes with the olive oil and maple syrup and toss to combine. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway.