- We find it a lot easier to chop the nori into small pieces using scissors. The nori is optional but it adds a wonderful taste of the sea to this pasta.
- Our pasta of choice is linguine, but you can use any pasta you like. In fact, you can make this gluten-free using gluten-free pasta – just make sure the nori you’re using is also labelled as GF, too.
One-Pot Puttanesca PastaRoxy, So Vegan This classic Italian dish is so rich and flavoursome from the tomatoes, olives, capers, and garlic. Print This
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled + diced
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp jarred capers, drained
- 140g / 5oz kalamata olives, pitted
- 400g / 14.1oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g / 14.1oz passata (or tinned tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- salt + pepper
- 350g / 12.3 pasta
- 1 sheet of nori (optional), chopped
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large saucepan on a medium heat. As soon as the oil is hot, add the garlic and chilli flakes. Fry for 2-3 mins until the garlic starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Next add the capers, olives and cherry tomatoes. Fry for 3 mins.
- Add the passata, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, pinches of salt and pepper and 2 cups (500ml) of hot water from a kettle to the saucepan. Stir to combine, then bring to a gentle boil and add the pasta. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente, stirring frequently so the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the saucepan. After 7 minutes or so, if there’s still lots of water, try cooking the remainder of the time with the lid off.
- When the pasta has finished cooking, stir the nori into the pasta, then taste and season with extra salt and pepper if required. Sprinkle parsley on top to serve. Sooo easy!
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 468kcal / Protein 14.7g / Fat 13.4g / Sat Fat 1.9g / Carbs 75.7g / Sugar 12.3g / Fibre 7.6g