So, who would have thought it would be so easy to make homemade ice cream cones?
The delicious, crisp and sweet waffle cones require just a few simple steps. We absolutely love them!
We decided to go with peanut butter jelly nice cream, which requires just three ingredients and is a childhood favourite of ours!
Peanut Butter Jelly Nice Cream with Homemade Cones
For the cones
- 4 tbsp aquafaba, juice from a tin of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp soya milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the nice cream
- 6 frozen bananas, sliced
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- Small handful of peanuts
- First, place a small container in the freezer to use later for the nice cream.
- To make the cones, combine the aquafaba, sugar, soya milk, vanilla, and salt in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the flour and coconut oil.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the mixture into a cold pan and spread into a circle roughly 6 inches wide.
- Place the pan on a medium heat and cook the cone mixture for 4-5 minutes or until the cone starts to brown, then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the cone from the pan and immediately place it on top of a kitchen towel. Roll into a cone shape using the towel to protect your hands from the heat. It’s important to work quickly as the cone will start to harden. Once rolled, hold it down along the edges so the cone hardens in position.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the remaining cones, making sure the pan has cooled down before adding any mixture.
- To make the nice cream, process the frozen bananas and peanut butter until smooth. Remove the small container from the freezer and transfer the nice cream to the container, then fold in 1 tbsp of jam.
- To serve, scoop the nice cream into the cones, drizzle with the remaining jam and top with the crushed peanuts.