OK, we admit…we had lots of fun testing this recipe! We got through quite a few pineapples and just about enough rum, and we’re really happy with the final result.
This piña colada recipe is sweet, creamy and frothy, and is a great show-stopping cocktail for parties. You don’t need to use all of the pineapple chunks in the cocktail, so we recommend using them to make a quick fruit salad, or put them on the end of cocktail sticks if you’re entertaining at a party.
Perfect Pina Colada
- 1 pineapple
- 150 ml (5.1 fl.oz) pineapple juice
- 50 ml (1.7 fl.oz) coconut cream
- 50 ml (1.7 fl.oz) light rum
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 3/4 cup ice
- Slice the top off the pineapple and run a knife along the inside edge. Then use the knife to slice the inside of the pineapple into chunks and remove as much of the fruit as possible.
- Place 1/2 cup of the pineapple chunks in a blender with the pineapple juice, coconut cream, agave syrup, rum and ice, and blend until smooth and frothy. You can save the remaining pineapple chunks to use for something else.
- Pour the liquid from the blender into the pineapple and serve with a straw. Garnish with pieces of pineapple, orange and cherry served on a cocktail stick.