OK, we admit…we had lots of fun testing this recipe! We got through quite a few pineapples and just about enough rum, and we’re really happy with the final result.
This piña colada recipe is sweet, creamy and frothy, and is a great show-stopping cocktail for parties. You don’t need to use all of the pineapple chunks in the cocktail, so we recommend using them to make a quick fruit salad, or put them on the end of cocktail sticks if you’re entertaining at a party.
Perfect Pina Colada
- 1 pineapple
- 150 ml (5.1 fl.oz) pineapple juice
- 50 ml (1.7 fl.oz) coconut cream
- 50 ml (1.7 fl.oz) light rum
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 3/4 cup ice
- Slice the top off the pineapple and run a knife along the inside edge. Then use the knife to slice the inside of the pineapple into chunks and remove as much of the fruit as possible.
- Place 1/2 cup of the pineapple chunks in a blender with the pineapple juice, coconut cream, agave syrup, rum and ice, and blend until smooth and frothy. You can save the remaining pineapple chunks to use for something else.
- Pour the liquid from the blender into the pineapple and serve with a straw. Garnish with pieces of pineapple, orange and cherry served on a cocktail stick.
[…] Get the recipe here. […]
[…] Pineapple also tastes great as a side dish. You can make this one in a caramelized form. One of the best dishes you can use pineapple in is Thai fried rice. It’s simply so good and very easy and quick to make. Of course, pineapple is used for making cocktails, such as pina colada. […]