- The pistachios we use are unsalted.
- You can make this gluten-free by simply using gluten-free pasta.
- If you prefer, you can reduce the amount of oil and replace it with more pasta water. Simply add enough pasta water until the pesto runs off a spoon.
- We like to reserve a few fresh herbs for topping, but this is of course completely optional.
- We sometimes add more veggies: roasted cherry tomatoes and wilted spinach would go really well with this pasta.
Pistachio Pesto PastaBen, So Vegan The pistachios we use are unsalted. You can make this gluten-free by simply using gluten-free pasta. If you prefer, you can reduce… Print This
- 320g / 11.3oz pasta (or gluten-free pasta)
- 70g / 2.5oz pistachios, shells removed
- 2 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 bunches of fresh basil, stalks removed
- 1 handful of fresh mint, stalks removed
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lime, juice only
- 150ml / 5.1 fl.oz extra virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, then drain and reserve the pasta water
- Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor including 1/2 tsp salt and a generous pinch of pepper. Process until smooth. When the pasta has finished cooking, add 2-3 tbsp of the paster water to help reduce the thickness of the pesto.
- Combine the pasta and the pesto. We like to top with freshly ground black pepper and a few basil and mint leaves. Enjoy!