You really can’t go wrong with a power bowl and this protein-packed version has it all.
We love the mixture of cooked, marinaded tofu with the crunchy raw veggies. We try to do as much prep as possible in advance, which makes it super easy to follow.
The quinoa, black beans and tofu are all really good sources of protein.
Our protein power bowl has a lovely warm kick to it, but you can remove the chilli powder and chilli sauce if you want something more subtle.
We hope you enjoy!
Roxy & Ben
Protein Power Bowl
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 x 400 g (14.1 oz) tin of black beans
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 250 g (8.8 oz) firm tofu
- 1/2 cup pickled red cabbage
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- chilli sauce, for serving
- 1 lime, for serving
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan / 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the tofu from the packaging and gently press it to remove any excess water. Place the tofu on a chopping board and slice it into 1” cubes.
- Combine the marinade ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Then add the tofu, toss the cubes in the marinade to coat and set to one side.
- Meanwhile add the quinoa to a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Place the tofu cubes on the pre-lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tofu from the oven and add the black beans to the baking tray. Season the beans with chilli powder, paprika and garlic powder, then bake for another 5 minutes with the tofu.
- Remove the tofu and beans from the oven and set to one side.
- Start assembling your bowls by adding half of the tofu, quinoa, beans, red cabbage, red pepper and cucumber.
- Top with half of the avocado and serve with a squeeze of lime, a drizzle of chilli sauce and a spoonful of leftover marinade.