It’s time to channel your inner Mary Berry (sorry, Paul) and celebrate the spookiest time of the year.
These are our pumpkin spice cookies.
They irresistibly soft on the inside and they’re perfectly spiced.
A few things you need to know:
- If you can’t find tinned pumpkin puree in your local supermarket, you can make your own! Roast a pumpkin until soft, scoop out the flesh, then blend.
- We use vegan margarine which has a higher oil content and makes these cookies extra soft. However you can also use a vegan butter.
Pumpkin Spice CookiesBen, So Vegan Ready, steady….bake! It’s time to channel your inner Mary Berry (sorry, Paul) and celebrate the spookiest time of the year. These are… Print This
- 100g / 3.5oz vegan margarine or butter
- 100g / 3.5oz light brown sugar
- 80g / 2.8oz pumpkin puree from a tin or homemade
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 200g / 7oz self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
For the icing:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 tsp plant-based milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together vegan margarine, sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Stir, then bring everything together with your hands.
- Roll into 8-10 balls (don’t worry if the dough is very soft) and place them evenly on baking tray, leaving at least a few centimetres between each ball.
- Dip your fingers in a bowl of cold water. Press down on each ball until the dough is approx 1cm thick and the balls are a round cookie shape. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the icing sugar and plant-based milk in a small bowl until smooth and drizzle over the cookies with a spoon in a pattern. Leave to set for the icing to set, then voila! Happy Halloween.