- Opt for soy free mayo to make this recipe soy-free.
Vietnamese Fries 🍟 Looking for tasty vegan recipes? Check out our cookbook So Vegan In 5: sovegan.co/cookbookPosted by So Vegan on Thursday, 15 August 2019
- 4 large potatoes
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 heaped tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- Sriracha sauce
- hoisin sauce
- handful of fresh coriander
- handful of fresh mint
- handful of salted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice the potatoes into fries and transfer to the baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with the cinnamon, chilli powder and salt and pepper. Mix everything with your hands, then even out the potato on the tray.
- Roast for 25 - 35 minutes until the chips are golden and crispy. Check up on them halfway through and move them around the tray to ensure the cook evenly.
- Meanwhile prepare the garlic mayo by combining the vegan mayo with the garlic powder and plant-based milk (add more if needed, enough so it's runny but not watery). Stir until combined. Then roughly chop the coriander, mint and peanuts.
- When the chips are cooked, transfer them to a serving dish and top with generous amounts of sriracha, hoisin sauce and garlic mayo. Then sprinkle over the coriander and mint, and finish with the chopped peanuts. And there you have it! Super easy Vietnamese fries.