This red pepper pesto pasta really is one of our favourite styles of recipes. It’s really quick, super simple and absolutely delicious.
- You can use gluten-free pasta if you want to make this gluten-free.
- If you don’t want to use pine nuts, you can substitute these for walnuts or even pistachios.
- 250 g (8.8 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- 320 g (11.3 oz) wholewheat pasta
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 50 g (1.8 oz) sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 handfuls of rocket, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan / 425°F.
- Place the tomatoes, peppers and garlic cloves (skins on) in an oven dish. Season with pinches of salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Combine, then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Remove the dish from the oven and transfer the peppers and the garlic (remove the skin) to a blender. Leave the tomatoes in the dish.
- Then add the basil, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice to the blender and blend until smooth to create the pesto. Season to taste with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Combine the cooked pasta and red pepper pesto with the roasted tomatoes in the baking dish. Stir until all the pasta is covered with the pesto, then serve with the rocket.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!