Here’s what you need to know:
- Simply use gluten-free pasta to make this a gluten-free meal.
- You can add more pasta if you have lots of hungry eaters at your dinner table. We’ve developed this recipe so it creates four medium portions.
- If you can’t find vegan parmesan, you substitute this for nutritional yeast which works really well simply being sprinkled over pasta.
- You can also avoid adding oil if you want to make this oil-free.
Roasted Tomato Rigatoni
Our super easy Roasted Tomato Rigatoni 🍅 Full recipe: sovegan.co/toniPosted by So Vegan on Monday, 22 February 2021
Roasted Tomato RigatoniBen, So Vegan We just love the simplicity of this pasta. The tomatoes take on a gorgeous sweet flavour, which balances perfectly with the earthiness from the olives Print This
- 250g / 8.8oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 courgette, chopped
- 80g / 2.8oz kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 large pinch of chilli flakes, plus extra for topping
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 x 400g / 14.1oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- 320g / 11.3oz pasta (we use rigatoni)
- 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped (save a few leaves for topping)
- vegan parmesan, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 392°F. Add the cherry tomatoes, courgette, olives, chilli flakes and balsamic vinegar to a roasting tray. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle over generous pinches of salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Next stir in the tinned tomatoes and return the tray to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, then drain. Add the cooked pasta and the chopped basil to the tray. Stir to combine, then serve and top with extra chilli flakes, vegan parmesan and a few basil leaves.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 458kcal / Protein 13.5g / Fat 12.6g / Sat Fat 3.6g / Carbs 72.3g / Sugar 11.4g / Fibre 5.7g