Perfectly charred tofu steaks, marinated in a gorgeous teriyaki sauce…yes please!
We’ve teamed up with Lee Kum Kee as part of the Making Memories at Home campaign to tell you all about their Veg Voyage Kit.
This ultimate vegan kit includes a selection of their many vegan-friendly sauces: Teriyaki Sauce, Premium Light Soy Sauce, Pure Black Sesame Oil, Plum Sauce and their famous Mushroom Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce – which is an excellent vegan substitute for Oyster Sauce!
It also includes the Veg Voyage Recipe Book which includes recipe ideas that you can recreate with your famalam and friends.
Find out more and order the kit here.
We literally use these Lee Kum Kee sauces all the time at home. They make cooking tasty food super quick and easy.
Here’s what you need to know about this recipe:
- Our 1 pack of tofu weighs roughly 400g (14.1oz), which is enough for two good-sized tofu ‘steaks’ per person.
- For best results, we recommend freezing the tofu and then defrosting it, which will give the tofu a spongy texture and help it to absorb as much flavour as possible.
Teriyaki Tofu SteaksBen, So Vegan Tofu takes centre stage in this Asian-inspired protein-packed dinner Print This
- 400g / 14.1oz firm tofu, pressed and sliced into ‘steaks’
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 150g / 5.3oz jasmine rice, rinsed
- vegetable oil
- 1 pak choi, leaves separated and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Mushroom Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Black Sesame Oil
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, diced
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a shallow dish. Add the tofu – coating it in the marinade – cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tsp of oil to a griddle pan on a medium heat. Cook the tofu in the pan for 6 mins on each side or until it’s nicely charred – brush the leftover marinade over the tofu as it cooks.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to a wok on a medium-high heat. Add the pak choi and vegetarian mushroom stir-fry sauce and fry for 2-3 mins. Then stir in the sesame oil and remove from the heat.
- To serve, add the rice to a plate, top with the pak choi and tofu steaks, then sprinkle over the spring onion, red chilli and sesame seeds.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 602kcal / Protein 33g / Fat 19.3g / Sat Fat 3.1g / Carbs 79.4g / Sugar 13.5g / Fibre 5.5g