Makes 6 bars.
For the caramel…
8 medjool dates deseeded
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
3/4 cup salted peanuts
For the nougat…
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp coconut flour
4 tbsp golden syrup
150g dark chocolate (suitable for vegans)
– Full recipe http://bit.ly/2dUbAKU
Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 13 October 2016
1. To make the caramel, combine the medjool dates, almond milk and peanut butter in a blender until smooth.
2. Next, add the salted peanuts to the caramel and mix together with a spoon.
3. To make the nougat, combine the coconut flour, golden syrup and the remaining peanut butter in a small bowl until the mixture reaches an even consistency.
4. Line a small-to-medium sized tin with parchment paper and add the caramel mix. Level the caramel with the back of a metal spoon until smooth.
5. Next, transfer the nougat mixture on top of the caramel and level again until smooth all over.
6. Place tin in freezer for two hours.
7. Take out the tin from the freezer and remove filling by pulling the parchment paper.
8. Slice the filling evenly into 6 bars.
9. Add a little water to a pan over a low-to-medium heat and melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
10. Once the chocolate has melted, use a metal fork and spoon to coat the bars.
11. Leave to cool on a cooling rack until the chocolate is firm before eating.