- Use vegan mayo without soy to make this recipe soy-free
Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Wings
Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Wings 😲Posted by So Vegan on Saturday, 14 September 2019
Cauliflower BBQ WingsRoxy, So Vegan These cauliflower wings are tangy, spicy, crunchy and outrageously tasty. Print This
- 500g / 17.6oz cauliflower, without leaves
- 80g / 2.8oz plain flour
- 5 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce
For the ranch dressing (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 tbsp oat milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinches of salt & pepper
To serve (optional)
- sesame seeds
- spring onion
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F fan-assisted and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, plant based milk, mixed herbs, and big pinches of salt and pepper with 5 tbsp water. Whisk until fully combined into a batter.
- Next, add the panko breadcrumbs to a medium-sized mixing bowl along with the vegetable oil. Use your hands to combine (make sure you remove any clumps).
- Trim the stalk of the cauliflower. Then cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and use your hands to tear apart any big pieces.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the batter and use a spoon to toss them in the batter. Once the florets are fully coated, add them to the breadcrumb mix one at a time and toss them in the breadcrumbs, then place on the lined baking tray.
- Bake the florets for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if serving with ranch dressing, add all the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- To make the BBQ hot sauce, add the sauce ingredients to a saucepan or a wok on a low heat. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is hot.
- Once the cauliflower has finished baking, add the florets to the saucepan with the hot sauce and stir through until the florets are fully coated.
- Transfer the hot wings to a serving plate and top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds. To finish, finely slice half a spring onion and sprinkle on top. Serve with the homemade ranch dressing.