There’s something really appealing about making a pesto pasta. We just love the vibrant colour and the fact it’s packed with tons of nutrition and fresh flavours.
- Use gluten-free pasta to make this recipe gluten-free.
Super Green Pasta
Super Green Pasta 🌱Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 27 July 2021
- 320 g (11.3 oz) penne pasta
- 1 broccoli, sliced into small florets
- 3 handfuls of kale, roughly chopped
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 2 handfuls of mixed green leaves
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes. Next add the broccoli to the saucepan and boil for a further 5 minutes or until the pasta is al dente, then drain and reserve the pasta water to use in the next step.
- Meanwhile add the kale, spinach, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, basil, olive oil, large pinches of salt and pepper, and 1.5 cups of pasta water to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Mix the green sauce with the pasta and stir in the mixed green leaves, then serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!
This was beyond fabulous! I have officially put this in the rotation, easy delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
Thank you so much! Really glad you enjoyed it. Thanks, Ben
absolutely fenomenal !!! soooooo delicious! thank you! i would not change a thing! this recipe is perfect!
Wow thank you!
I can’t wait to try this!
Woohoo! Glad you like the recipe! Best, Roxy
This was so yummy (and nutritious)! As someone else mentioned, this will be a regular recipe in my house. Thanks!
This was easy to prepare in a few minutes and absolutely delicious! My partner loved them as well and that’s quite a challenge as he doesn’t like much of my vegan cooking. I cooked the brocolis a bit longer so they would be softer for him. I cannot find kale where I shop so I used chards instead. Thank you for this great recipe that will be used every two weeks or so in my home!
Thank you Coralie! Glad you enjoyed the recipe 🙂
This looks so yummy.. can we replace pine nuts with walnuts here ?
I was so excited to make this, thought it looked so good, and it was even better than I thought it would be! So flavorful, so easy, so delicious. I sprinkled some vegan parmesan cheese on top and it was amazing. I will be making this many many more times.
Ah amazing thank you Kim 🙂
Wow, was looking for a green pasta recipe without cashews and avocado and packed a ton of veg. This hit all the right notes for me! I was super apprehensive to serve this to my family (esp. my 5 year old) but everyone Liked it!! (Key: use their favorite pasta shape, in this case, bowtie pasta!) A couple of my own twists: I added some sauteed mushrooms and asparagus, and subbed the walnuts for toasted pinenuts (saw previous comment), and it was super delish and well balanced (all basil pesto can be a bit too much for me sometimes). SO glad I stumbled on your TikTok/FB video! Thanks again!