- Use gluten-free pasta to make this recipe gluten-free.
Super Green PastaRoxy, So Vegan There's something really appealing about making a pesto pasta. We just love the vibrant colour because we know it's going to be packed with tons of nutrition and fresh flavours Print This
- 320g / 11.3oz penne pasta
- 1 broccoli, sliced into small florets
- 3 handfuls of kale, roughly chopped
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 2 handfuls of mixed green leaves
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes. Next add the broccoli to the saucepan and boil for a further 5 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the broccoli is cooked, then drain and reserve the pasta water to use in the next step.
- Meanwhile add the kale, spinach, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, basil, olive oil, large pinches of salt and pepper, and 1.5 cups of pasta water to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Mix the green sauce with the pasta and stir in the mixed green leaves, then serve.