- A good quality extra virgin olive oil can make all the difference here. Extra virgin olive oil is lighter and slightly zesty in comparison to regular olive oil.
- If your oven doesn’t have a grill option, simply preheat your oven as high as it goes and roast for 35-45 minutes until charred.
- If you don’t like pomegranate seeds you can simply leave this out and instead we’d suggest squeezing over a splash of extra lemon juice.
Baba GanoushBen, So Vegan Our simple baba ganoush doesn't require any fancy equipment or ingredients and the results are fantastic. Print This
- 3 aubergines
- salt + pepper
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled + finely chopped
- small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- handful of pomegranate seeds
- Place the aubergines on a baking tray and grill for 35-45 minutes until charred, turning once halfway through. Then leave to cool.
- Next trim the tops and remove the skins from the aubergines. Transfer the flesh to a sieve resting over a bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and use a fork to mash the aubergine, pushing out as much water as possible.
- Transfer the aubergine, tahini, lemon juice, 2 tbsp of olive oil, garlic and large pinches of salt and pepper to a bowl and combine with a fork.
- Finish with a splash of olive oil, a small pinch of salt, the parsley and pomegranate seeds.