- The coconut oil is really important because it helps to set the flapjacks. You could try substituting for banana and ground flaxseeds, but we can’t guarantee this will set the flapjacks.
- Pretty much any nuts, seeds and dried fruits will work!
- Don’t forget to let the flapjacks cool fully before you slice them, otherwise they risk falling apart.
- These will last for at least 3-5 days in an air-tight container, but they’re best enjoyed within a couple of days.
Carrot Cake Flapjacks
Carrot Cake Flapjacks 🥕 BTW did you know we have a new cookbook? You can pre-order your copy of One Pot Vegan today! 👉 sovegan.co/onepvPosted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 5 May 2020
- 220g / 7.7oz oats
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, nuts and seeds (we use pumpkin seeds, raisins, cranberries and pecans)
- 2 medium carrots
- 120g / 4.2oz coconut oil
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F fan-assisted and line the base and sides of an 8” loose-bottomed square tin with baking paper.
- Add the oats, nutmeg, cinnamon and mixed fruit, nuts and seeds to a mixing bowl. Next, top and tail the carrots and finely grate them into the bowl. Stir until combined.
- Place a small saucepan over a low-medium heat and add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of water. Heat for a few minutes until the coconut oil has melted, then pour it all over the dry oat mixture. Stir until fully incorporated, then transfer the flapjack mixture to the lined tin and smooth out with a spatula. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until slightly golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then remove from the tin and leave to fully cool. It’s important that the flapjacks are fully cooled before cutting so they don't crumble.
- Finally slice into 8 bars using a serrated knife. Store in an air-tight container and gobble them down within 3-5 days.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!
Warum so viel Muskatnuss?
Warum so viel Muskatnuss?
I have made these 3 times now and they are amazing So yummy and so easy!
Can I use honey instead of maple syrup?
These are amazing, I’ve made them loads of times now and they’re so easy and delicious. I have a bag full of apples and I’m wondering if it would work if I replaced the carrots with apples? Any advice?
I skipped the nutmeg and used a tbsp of cinnamon (ceylon) and wow! Made different varieties but the date/pecan combo is my fav. Thanks guys!
Hi, did you use rolled oats, quick oat or oat flour ? Thanks !
These are so good! I used half peanut butter/half coconut oil. Delicious and healthy. Thanks for the recipe, kid approved!