- The coconut oil is really important because it helps to set the flapjacks. You could try substituting for banana and ground flaxseeds, but we can’t guarantee this will set the flapjacks.
- Pretty much any nuts, seeds and dried fruits will work!
- Don’t forget to let the flapjacks cool fully before you slice them, otherwise they risk falling apart.
- These will last for at least 3-5 days in an air-tight container, but they’re best enjoyed within a couple of days.
Carrot Cake Flapjacks
Carrot Cake Flapjacks 🥕 BTW did you know we have a new cookbook? You can pre-order your copy of One Pot Vegan today! 👉 sovegan.co/onepvPosted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 5 May 2020
Carrot Cake FlapjacksRoxy, So Vegan We use natural sweetness, carrots, nuts and seeds to create a delicious and subtly sweet soft flapjack. Print This
- 220g / 7.7oz oats
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, nuts and seeds (we use pumpkin seeds, raisins, cranberries and pecans)
- 2 medium carrots
- 120g / 4.2oz coconut oil
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F fan-assisted and line the base and sides of an 8” loose-bottomed square tin with baking paper.
- Add the oats, nutmeg, cinnamon and mixed fruit, nuts and seeds to a mixing bowl. Next, top and tail the carrots and finely grate them into the bowl. Stir until combined.
- Place a small saucepan over a low-medium heat and add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of water. Heat for a few minutes until the coconut oil has melted, then pour it all over the dry oat mixture. Stir until fully incorporated, then transfer the flapjack mixture to the lined tin and smooth out with a spatula. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until slightly golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then remove from the tin and leave to fully cool. It’s important that the flapjacks are fully cooled before cutting so they don’t crumble.
- Finally slice into 8 bars using a serrated knife. Store in an air-tight container and gobble them down within 3-5 days.