- You’ll want to avoid buying chopped kale and instead go for big pieces of kale because they’ll shrink a lot in the oven.
- Keep an eye on the crisps while they’re in the oven so they don’t burn. You want to catch them just as they crisp up and before they go brown.
- The truffle oil is a little fancy but it really adds a tangy cheesy flavour to the crisps. But if you want you can substitute for olive oil.
- 300g / 10.6oz curly kale (including stalks)
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt + pepper
- vegan parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 130°C / 266°F fan and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Trim the stalks off the kale and break the leaves into large pieces then add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Next in a small bowl combine the truffle oil, garlic powder, onion powder and nutritional yeast with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper to form a paste. Then add the paste to the kale and give it a good mix with your fingers so the paste distributes evenly.
- Transfer the kale to the baking trays and spread them out so the pieces don't overlap.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the kale is crispy. Then transfer to a serving bowl and top with some grated vegan parmesan.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!