- You can easily make this gluten-free using tamari instead of soy sauce.
- We use a food processor to make our curry paste, but if you don’t have one you can simply chop all the ingredients as finely as you can and add them all in.
- This is a great recipe for using up any leftover veggies, such as mange tout, aubergine, mushrooms. Simply fry them until they’re pretty much cooked, before adding the tinned coconut milk.
Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
Sweet Potato Coconut Curry 🍛Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 11 May 2021
- 500g / 17.6oz sweet potato, diced
- salt + pepper
- vegetable oil
- 4 portions of jasmine rice
- 1 green chilli, roughly sliced
- 4 garlic clove, peeled + roughly sliced
- thumb of ginger, peeled + roughly sliced
- large handful of fresh coriander, plus extra for decoration
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, or tamari for gluten-free
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 x 400g / 14.1oz tin coconut milk
- 300ml / 10.1fl.oz vegetable stock
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan / 426°F. Add the sweet potato to a large baking tray along with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of vegetable oil. Toss through then roast for 20 - 30 minutes until soft.
- Next cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile to create the curry paste, add the green chilli, garlic, ginger, coriander (including the stalks), soy sauce, curry powder and hot chilli powder to a food processor and process until mostly broken down, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a wok on a medium - high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the courgette and red pepper and fry for 3 minutes. Then add the curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock and lime juice. Stir then heat through for 5 minutes until hot, then stir in the roasted sweet potato.
- Serve the curry on a bed of rice and top with coriander leaves.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!
This was totally amazing, the flavours were fantastic and well balanced, so easy to make too. Our new firm favourite.
Our family all love this and we have passed your recipe onto others. A great and easy way into my new vegan life, many thanks.
This is a brilliant recipe! Simple to make, and so yummy! A new favourite! Thank you!
Thanks so much Millie 🙂
That was simple and tasty! Love that I got to make my own curry paste instead of buying pre-made. Also nice that it’s easy to change the ingredients, add onions, kale, tofu, etc… Thanks!!
Yummy! Made for 4 but eaten by 2 : )
I cook until the fridge is bare and had only one zucchini, three small sweet potatoes, and one red capsicum left for two people. I cook a lot of Indian food and so had all the spices and rice in the pantry. It is amazing what delicious meals one can make with only a few ingredients.
This was yummy and the curry has a nice bite. Definitely a recipe I shall make again.
This was bloody beautiful!!!! So simple. Could even add in some chickpeas if you wanted to! So delicious 🙂
This is an amazing recipe!! Love your video and explanation! 🙂