Makes 2 sandwiches.
4 slices of bread
1 tin chickpeas
2 spring onions
1/2 cup sweetcorn
3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
Pinch of salt & pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
60g vegan cheese grated
1 tbsp vegan margarine
Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Melt
– Full recipe http://bit.ly/2ejvqlM
Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 19 October 2016
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, transfer to a mixing bowl and mash until all the chickpeas are broken down.
2. Add the spring onion, sweetcorn, vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt & pepper, and combine.
3. Next, take 2 slices of bread and spread 2 tbsp of the chickpea mixture on top of each slice.
4. Add 30g of vegan cheese to each slice of bread and top with a second slice.
5. Next, spread vegan margarine on the outside of the top slice of bread.
6. Place a pan on a medium heat. Wait until the pan is hot before frying the first sandwich (margarine side down) for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
7. While the sandwich is frying, carefully spread margarine on the top slice of bread.
8. Flip the sandwich over and fry for a further 5 minutes.
9. Remove from the pan and repeat for the remaining sandwich.