Let’s all take a second to appreciate the chocolate goo.
This embarrassingly easy mug cake is a wonder of modern times.
Fluffy chocolate cake with a gooey middle.
Spend a few minutes whipping this up and before you know it you’ll have your feet up on the sofa watching TV.
A few things to know:
- The microwave we use has 800W power and our mug cake comes out perfect at 60 seconds.
- We’ve tested this using soy and oat plain yoghurt.
- We also use dark cocoa powder which gives the cake a richer flavour and a darker colour, but any variety will do. If you use cacao powder, you might want to add a dash more sugar to counter the bitterness.
Gooey Chocolate Mug CakeRoxy, So Vegan Let’s all take a second to appreciate the chocolate goo. This embarrassingly easy mug cake is a wonder of modern times. Fluffy… Print This
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vegan plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp water
- dash of vanilla extract
- 2 squares of dark 70% vegan chocolate
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cacao powder to a mug and stir to combine.
- Stir in the vegetable oil, vegan yoghurt, water and vanilla extract.
- Push the two squares of chocolate into the middle of the cake mix and microwave for 45-60 seconds. Job done!