This wonderful slaw uses crunchy veggies, nuts and fresh herbs to create a side worthy of any Christmas dinner table.
- It’s important to slice the veggies thinly, especially the beetroot.
- This slaw is also a great excuse to use up any leftover veggies you have in the kitchen. Grated cabbage, red or white, will work really well, as well as thinly sliced celeriac. Sometimes we also add apple slices!
- 250g (8.8oz) beetroot, peeled + julienned
- 2 carrots, peeled + julienned
- 1/2 red onion, peeled + thinly sliced
- 1 large handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt + pepper
- 40g (1.4oz) walnuts
- Add the beetroot, carrot, red onion, dill and parsley to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Stir then pour into the large mixing bowl.
- Transfer the walnuts to a pan and toast for 5-10 minutes until golden. Then roughly chop them and stir into the slaw to serve.