No-fuss chunky roasted carrots and parsnips, which we roast with orange juice and zest, as well as fresh thyme.
- We always leave skins on our veggies because they add more nutrition and even more flavour!
- Don’t be afraid to be a little generous with the salt. It’ll help add a crispy layer to the veggies.
- 500g (17.6oz) carrots, cut into strips
- 500g (17.6oz) parsnips, cut into strips
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- 1 orange
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 10 sprigs of thyme, plus extra for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan / 425°F.
- Add the veggies to a large baking tray. Season generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss through then roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile zest the orange and save the zest for later. Then cut the orange in half and squeeze out 3 tablespoons of juice.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the thyme, maple syrup and 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Give the veggies a mix until they’re fully coated in the sauce, then pop the tray back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are golden brown.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and transfer them to a serving plate. Top with some zest from the orange and a couple of extra thyme leaves.