Edamame (otherwise known as baby soy beans) are a whole protein source, which means they provide all the essential amino acids your body needs. That makes this nutritious and delicious brunch a great protein-packed way to start the day.
- We use extra virgin olive oil, which adds a stronger fruity and peppery flavour.
- You can easily make this gluten-free using gluten-free bread.
- 80g / 2.8oz radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt + pepper
- 160g / 5.6oz frozen edamame
- 160g / 5.6oz frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- olive oil
- a handful of fresh basil, plus extra for topping
- 4 slices of bread, or gluten-free bread
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 50g / 1.8oz vegan feta, optional
- Add the radish to a small mixing bowl along with a tablespoon of the lemon juice and pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then leave to one side to pickle while you carry out the next steps.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, then add the edamame and peas. Boil for 3-4 minutes or until softened, then drain and add to a food processor along with the garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, basil leaves, generous pinches of salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of water. Process until smooth.
- To serve, toast the bread, then spread the edamame and pea mixture all over the toast. Next, stir the spring onion into the bowl with the pickled radish, then add it on top of the toast. To finish, finely chop a few basil leaves and sprinkle them all over, followed by some freshly ground black and crumbled vegan feta. We also love to drizzle over an extra splash of olive oil.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!