Last week we saw videos all over social media showing people making this outrageously indulgent whipped coffee.
‘Its sorcery!’ was our initial reaction.
How was this even possible using instant coffee and sugar?
Well we decided to try it for ourselves and it turns out there’s no wizardry required, just a handheld mixer or lots of elbow grease!
This whipped coffee recipe – otherwise known as ‘Dalgona’ – actually originates in South Korea.
It’s a serious treat and surprisingly easy.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Regular ground coffee and powdered coffee won’t have the same results. We attempted it and we couldn’t ‘whip’ the coffee into a thick cream.
- You can reduce the sugar, but it’ll need some sugar for the whip. Try reducing to 1 tbsp and go from there.
- Add your own twists. Cinnamon or cocoa powder work well.
- If you don’t have a handheld mixer, you can use a regular whisk but be prepared to spend 10 minutes or so whisking!
Roxy & Ben
How To Make Whipped Coffee 😍
Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 9 April 2020
Whipped Coffee (Dalgona)Roxy, So Vegan Last week we saw videos all over social media showing people making this outrageously indulgent whipped coffee. ‘Its sorcery!’ was our initial… Print This
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- oat milk
- ice cubes
- Add the instant coffee, sugar, hot water and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and whisk using a handheld mixer for 2 – 3 minutes or until the liquid thickens and looks like whipped cream.
- Add 3-4 ice cubes to a glass and fill 2/3 of the glass with oat milk. Next spoon the whipped coffee over the top and smooth over. Then stir the whipped coffee into the oat milk and enjoy!