Makes 8 large rolls.
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 sticks celery finely chopped
500g (17.7oz) mushrooms diced
1 tsp nutritional yeast
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
500g (17.7oz) puff pastry (suitable for vegans)
Almond milk for brushing.
1. Preheat oven to 200C fan / 425F.
2. Heat oil in pan. Fry onion and celery for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and thyme to the pan, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce and cook for a further minute before removing pan from heat.
5. Sprinkle flour onto work surface and roll out pastry into 2 rectangles (each approx. 10cm high x 30cm wide). Trim edges with a knife for straight sides.
6. Spoon mushroom mixture into the bottom half of the first pastry rectangle, leaving a 1cm gap from the side and bottom edges.
7. Brush a little almond milk along the edges.
8. Fold the top half of the pastry over to meet the bottom edges and press down along the edges with your fingers.
9. Press down with a fork along the side and bottom edges. Using a knife, create 3 small incisions in the rectangle, dividing it evenly into 4 mushroom rolls.
10. Repeat steps 6 to 9 for the second pastry rectangle.
11. Brush the top of the rolls with almond milk and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Nutritional information per roll: