This no-bake rocky road recipe only requires 7 ingredients. It’s a fuss-free treat and the perfect party food.
- You can make this gluten-free using gluten-free biscuits.
- If you can’t find golden syrup, you can simply substitute this with another syrup such as maple or agave syrup.
- We buy our vegan-friendly marshmallows from our local vegan shop, but you can also order them online.
- Lots of regular biscuits are vegan-friendly, but it’s always worth checking the ingredients to be sure.
- For a soy free recipe make sure you check the ingredients on the chocolate, marshmallow and margarine packets.
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp golden syrup, or maple syrup
- 200 g (7.1 oz) vegan-friendly dark chocolate, roughly broken up
- 100 g (3.5 oz) vegan-friendly biscuits, broken into bite-size pieces (or gluten-free biscuits)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup vegan marshmallow, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- Line a 450 g / 16 oz (approx 20 cm x 10 cm or 8" x 4") loaf tin with baking paper.
- Melt the margarine and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan containing a little hot water. Next add the chocolate to the bowl and stir until the mixture has melted.
- Then remove the bowl from the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (until solid) or place in freezer for faster results.
- Remove from the fridge and cut the rocky road into 8 squares. The squares will last in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.