Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae, which you’ll find in most health food shops. It’s a great source of antioxidants, but it is optional in this smoothie.
- The mango and banana are already quite sweet so we prefer to use an unsweetened almond milk. However other plant-based milks would still work well.
- We use fresh kale and spinach but you can also use frozen if you want to prepare the ingredients in advance.
- 1 frozen banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup frozen mango, diced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) unsweetened almond milk (1 cup)
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth and pour into a serving glass.