Makes 8 stuffed mushrooms.
250g chestnut mushrooms
20g wild rice
1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
1/2 onion diced
1 clove garlic chopped
1/2 red pepper diced
1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
25g vegan parmesan cheese grated
3 tbsp olive oil
– Full recipe http://bit.ly/2eyRULD
Posted by So Vegan on Friday, 21 October 2016
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Cook rice as per package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, remove stalks from mushrooms and place mushrooms on a baking tray. Drizzle mushrooms with a little olive oil and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
4. Toast walnuts in pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Wipe the pan clean, drizzle with a little oil and fry the onion for a few minutes until soft. Next add the red pepper, garlic, salt & pepper, and continue to fry for a further 5 minutes.
6. Place cooked rice, toasted walnuts, the fried pepper mix and cheese (leave a little for topping) into a mixing bowl and combine.
7. Remove excess water from the mushroms. Then, using a teaspoon, gently fill each mushroom with the rice mix and sprinkle a little of the leftover cheese on top.
8. Place stuffed mushroom on baking tray and bake for a further 10 minutes.