Disclaimer…this milkshake isn’t for the faint hearted!
Sugary, sweet and super indulgent, this salted caramel popcorn milkshake is a special treat for anyone looking to ‘shake’ things up!
We use ‘popping corn’ to make the plain popcorn at home.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Milkshake
For the caramel sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cups plain popcorn
For the milkshake
- 3 scoops vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- To make the caramel sauce, heat the sugar in a pan on a medium heat. As soon as the sugar starts to melt, shake the pan to ensure the sugar heats evenly.
- Wait for the sugar to reach a golden-brown colour (this will take around 5-6 minutes), then take the pan off the heat and add the water. Make sure you stand back as the caramel may sputter.
- Return the pan to the heat, stir the caramel, then add the coconut cream and salt, and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and use a spoon to drizzle some of the sauce down the inside of a glass.
- Toss the plain popcorn in the caramel until it’s completely covered. Then take 1 cup of the caramel popcorn and add it to a blender along with the remaining milkshake ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into the glass and top with the remaining salted caramel popcorn.