It takes no time at all to make this delicious homemade pesto and it makes all the difference compared to shop-bought versions!
- Great for meal prep- you can make the pesto ahead of time, store it in the fridge or freezer and simply stir it into your fav pasta dish for a quick weeknight meal with bags of flavour.
- We prefer to use extra virgin olive oil in this pesto but olive oil will do too.
- You can always throw in any other fresh herbs you’ve got lying around in the fridge.
Homemade Vegan Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- large pinch of salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Use the pesto immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days and the freezer for up to 2 months.